Monday, September 24, 2012

One in the same? Absolutely!

I have been doing relentless research into the identity, and outcome, of an ancestor who was an absolute mystery to me. I am happy to be able to say that the mystery has been solved!
My father's baby book (compliment's of Borden in 1915) was filled out by an aunt whose name I had never heard mentioned by my parents or my father's family. The entry read (regarding the filling out of the book) "his Zia Alexandrina". And so the search was on- for 6 years!
Long story short...SOMEWHERE along the line my great Aunt Alessandrina became, my great Aunt Lizzie with whom I was very familiar! A friend of mine- who is fluent in Italian and to whom I had posed my dilema asked me if possibly they could be one in the same... "of course not" was my reply.
The solution to this query was answered by a distant cousin who knew in fact that her grandmother (my g'aunt) was, and remained until her marriage, Alessandrina. She shortly thereafter became known as Elizabeth (at age 30) and viola! The rest, as they say, was history!
The point to his entry is:
Never, ever, assume there is no swaying on your family tree...when it comes to geneaology, those from the past can blow up a storm of unknown origin!

No comments:

Post a Comment