Sunday, June 6, 2010

I...am Obsessed (or perhaps I am a stalker!?)

I...have a page on Facebook. I never thought I would hear myself say that but yes...it is a fact. It is much to the chagrin of my daughter. As she gets a bit older I hope she realizes my time on earth is not spent following HER FB page.

I originally went on FB to keep in touch with all my 50-something friends from way back when but, as I began 'liking' various pages I discovered quite a few of them have origins in Scotland and Italy- my familial homelands! Now I belong to as many as I can find (although the Italian ones are a bit more difficult-learning Italian is on my bucket list).

Here's where my concern comes in...While on those pages I peruse the names of members and friends; if I see a name that is similiar to one in my genealogy research my heart and brain race! It takes everything I have not to immediately message them and begin the interrogation.

Granted some of the names are rather common and the odds are slim but one never knows... my Mcdonald could also be my MacDonald or McDonald! My Paladin could also be my Paladini or Paladino!!! Yikes, I can't let those opportunities slip past!

So as I ponder my obsession, I guess as long as I don't end up on their doorstep, it is okay to push the send button.

It can't hurt to ask!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment