Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Other Half of Me

I have a book which will be released at the end of June titled:
"The Adirondacks that are, the Other Half of Me"
It is a book of essays set in the adirondack Mountains of New York. Since this is my genealogy blog I felt it imperative to include this information here.

You see the Adirondacks are where I have spent my summers my whole life. It is a very big part of me as it was part of my parents and has become a huge part of my daur's life. I met my husband there as well so it is a very special place to us all.

Here is how it came to be... my mother was from Glasgow Scotland, my dad was from Albany NY, I was born and live in PA, my husband was from Long Island NY and somehow this all determined my (as well as my daur's) lineage.
My mom and dad vacationed (in the 1930s) in the ADKs (as kids) but didn't know each other. Years later when I came along we began to vacation there.
My husband and his family vacationed there and we met as little kids.
Nearly thirty years later we got married; and had our daur.
We continue to summer there; my daur is an ADK-er too.
Sounds simple enough but the details are almost "Que Sera, Sera"-like! But it's in the book so you'll have to wait and see...

Anyway! The schedule (thus far) is listed on the side panel

The book will also be available on Amazon.com and my website http://www.marypaladin.com/ in July.
If you live in the ADK region of NY I hope you can stop by! there will be more signings to come so please check my website!

No comments:

Post a Comment