Monday, January 12, 2009

I...am addicted.

To genealogy that is... I cannot get enough of it!

A novice in world of bone seekers I assure you, but in the last few years I have become hooked! Ancestry.com is one of my favorite 'hangouts'; I must make an attempt to convincingly order myself NOT click on my Family Tree Maker in the morning-or else I am still there at supper time! I have made many discoveries, in just the last year, that have only whet my appetite. I struggle with the "wee ghosties" that sit on my shoulder coaxing me on every day.

As the daur of a Scottish immigrant mother and a first generation Italian American father I was raised to appreciate my ancestry. My Scottish research has flourished of late but, the Italian side is lacking, sadly. The language barrier and the sparseness of the Italian records that are available have been the roadblocks. But just when it gets frustrating those kilted, wee ghosties begin with their chattering inside my poor noggin' and get me searching for the crack that will break down the wall...

No comments:

Post a Comment